Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Roast Beef

We'll be on this next sentence for quite some time, so let's jump right in, shall we?

"He had never seen so many things he like to eat on one table: roast beef, roast chicken, pork chops and lamb chops, sausages, bacon and steak, boiled potatoes, roast potatoes, fries, Yorkshire pudding, peas, carrots, gravy, ketchup, and, for some strange reason, peppermint humbugs" (Sorcerer's Stone 123).

I found a fantastic recipe for Vegan Roast Beef at A Veg*n for Dinner. However, I found out after the fact that I used the wrong kind of yeast (muggle moment; stupid me). So my "roast beef" ended up ridiculously salty. I'm talking dry-up-a-slug salty. So follow this recipe properly, and you'll probably end up with excellent "roast beef."

Since I completely botched this recipe by messing up one ingredient, I recommend you just head to the website sited above for your vegan roast beef recipe. Here's a couple pictures from my process, just to prove I attempted it!

combining wet and dry mixtures

loaves in their broth, ready to go in the oven

finished (but very salty!) "Roast Beef"

Lesson learned today: buy the correct ingredients, and you will have delicious vegan roast beef!

No comments:

Post a Comment