Thursday, December 29, 2011

Scrambled Eggs

The next new food to appear in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets comes to us just before one of the many moments when Harry is presumably going mad due to his hearing a voice no one else can hear. But this time, he hears it while Quidditch captain Oliver Wood is busy preparing his team for a Gryffindor win:

"'Perfect Quidditch conditions!' said Wood enthusiastically at the Gryffindor table, loading the team's plates with scrambled eggs" (Chamber of Secrets 254).

Obviously, scrambled eggs are a breakfast staple, and the recipe for Cheesy, Chivy Scrambled Eggs from The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook sounds spectacular! So of course, that's the recipe we'll use today!

To Make 3-4 Servings, You Will Need:
1 Tbs butter
6 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp salt
Black pepper
1 Tbs chopped fresh chives (or dried, which is what I used)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used cheddar, 'cause that's what I had)


1. Whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and chives.


2. Whisk in the shredded cheese.

3. Heat the butter in a large skillet.
4. Pour the eggs into the hot skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly and gently with a wooden spoon (I prefer to scrape with a spatula, but that's just me) until set.

5. To serve, sprinkle more chives on top. Serve with buttered toast and sliced tomatoes for a very British breakfast!

These eggs are delicious! I didn't use the exact measurements listed here, I kind of just tossed a little bit of everything with two eggs (that's how I roll at breakfast time). But however you make them, I highly recommend that you try these tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment