Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cheese

The next new item is a favorite comfort food of people the world over. Though something tells me Harry didn't quite feel that way about the dinner offered to him by Aunt Petunia:

"'Eat quickly! The Masons will be here soon!' snapped Aunt Petunia, pointing to two slices of bread and a lump of cheese on the kitchen table" (Chamber of Secrets 10).

I personally prefer the later mention of cheese in this particular book, when it is noted in the title of one of Mrs. Weasley's cookbooks, Charm Your Own Cheese. I did find a website with instructions on how to make cheese, and it is relatively easy. Unfortunately, two of the ingredients, rennet and citric acid, have proved impossible for me to locate in any stores in my area. If you have the same problem, I recommend purchasing a Cheese-Making Kit. So alas, we will not be making cheese today. Hopefully you have better luck with ingredients than I did, and you can charm some of your own cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment