"After a quick half a dozen bacon sandwiches each, they pulled on their coats and Mrs. Weasley took a flowerpot off the kitchen mantelpiece and peered inside"
(Chamber of Secrets 47).
You may not want to eat half a dozen sandwiches at once, and you may not be rushing off to Diagon Alley by Floo Powder, but I think you might enjoy bacon sandwiches for breakfast! When I think of "bacon sandwiches," I think of a BLT. But I would not eat a BLT at breakfast, and I imagine you wouldn't either. I do however enjoy what I have always called "fried egg sandwiches," which happen to have "bacon" on them! So that's what we're making!
You Will Need:
Your favorite type of bread (I usually use an English muffin, but I didn't have any)
Your favorite cheese (I prefer cheddar on this sandwich)
Your preferred brand of vegetarian bacon (Normally I use Morningstar Farms, but my grocery store weirdly did not have any this week, so I tried LightLife's Tempeh Fakin' Bacon. The smokey flavor is really intense, so it really does taste like bacon! ...I think)
1. Place your bread in the toaster and toast to your preferred level of done-ness.
2. Grease a skillet and crack an egg into it. If you're using Fakin' Bacon, add a strip or two to the skillet. If you're using Morningstar Farms, I recommend microwaving it. Fry your egg however you like your fried eggs :)
3. Slice your cheese and arrange it on your hot toast.
4. When your egg is done, lay it on top of the cheese, and the "bacon" on top of that.
5. Add the other piece of bread, smash the yolk (assuming it's an over-easy or over-medium egg), and enjoy!
|Yummy! Breakfast of (tri-wizard) Champions!|