But that's disgusting.
"He had never seen so many things he liked to eat on one table: roast beef, roast chicken, pork chops and lamb chops, sausages, bacon and steak, boiled potatoes, roast potatoes, fries, Yorkshire pudding, peas, carrots, gravy, ketchup, and, for some strange reason, peppermint humbugs" (Sorcerer's Stone 123).
We'll be using the recipe from The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook.
You Will Need:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
3 Tbs butter, melted
1 cup whole milk
2 Tbs vegetable oil
1. Whisk together the salt and flour in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth, then whisk in the melted butter, then whisk in the milk.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Pour the vegetable oil into an 8" pan or baking dish and place it in the oven while it preheats (the oil must be hot before you proceed).
5. Remove the batter from the fridge, whisk again, and carefully pour into the hot baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for another 10 minutes, until the pudding puffs up around the edges and the edges are golden.
Serve hot or warm.