Sunday, January 6, 2013

Jam


Our next food item appears the morning after Hermione's short food strike for House Elf rights, which according to Ron, ended because she was hungry:

"'You're eating again, I notice,' said Ron, watching Hermione adding liberal amounts of jam to her toast too" (Goblet of Fire 194).



I have always been interested in making my own jam, and according to all the recipes I've found, it is quite easy to make. Alas, I could not find the necessary jar tongs for removing the boiled jars from the scalding water. 

Someday I will attempt to make my own raspberry jam, and I will probably use this simple recipe from Food.com. I recommend that if you have the right equipment that you try it as well!


1 comment:

  1. Or just do what I do and make freezer jam! I have made versions with or without pectin. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/strawberry-freezer-jam/

    ReplyDelete