Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Grapefruit

We have reached the first new food item to appear in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, which of course means we are back with Harry's least favorite people:

"When Aunt Petunia put a quarter of unsweetened grapefruit onto Dudley's plate with a tremulous 'There you are, Diddy darling,' Dudley glowered at her" (Goblet of Fire 26).

Until very recently, I, like Dudley, despised grapefruit. In fact, only a few weeks ago did I discover the delights of a properly peeled red grapefruit. Because of my newfound love of grapefruit, the extent of my recipe today is to tell you to go peel a grapefruit and eat it! If however, you find grapefruits a tad too sour, I recommend that you try to find a pommelo. Pommelo are my very favorite fruit. They are kind of like grapefruit's sweet and giant cousin. They also take about 30 minutes to peel because their pith is so thick, but if you're patient, it's well worth the wait! So what are you waiting for, go eat yourself some citrus!
A pommelo and it's cousin, grapefruit! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment