"Uncle Vernon's rations turned out to be a bag of crisps [chips] each and four bananas"
(Sorcerer's Stone 44).
Dudley sure got it right this time-- Vernon is certainly mad if he thinks that a bag of chips (crisps in the British vernacular) will feed four people for an undetermined amount of time! But never the less, chips are the next food item to appear on our list, so chips we shall make! I found this super simple recipe on allrecipes.com.
You Will Need:
At least 1 potato
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
Salt to taste
A large ziplock bag
1. Slice the potato(es) paper thin.
2. Pour the vegetable into the ziplock bag and add the potato slices, shaking and sliding them around to coat.
3. Arrange the potato slices in a single layer on a microwave safe plate that has been lightly greased or sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Microwave until lightly browned (if they aren't browned at all, they won't crisp). This could take anywhere from 3 to 7+ minutes, depending on how many potatoes are on the plate, how thin they are sliced, and the power of the microwave. You won't have to re-grease the plate in between batches.
5. Remove chips from the plate and place on a paper towel to de-grease a bit, and season with salt (or other seasonings) to taste.
They're pretty delicious! I hope you enjoy them!
...though I don't recommend pairing them with bananas.