Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pumpkin Fizz

Another new beverage greets us today, in the form of stolen delicacies on behalf of the Weasley twins:

"Fred and George disappeared for a couple of hours and returned with armfuls of bottles of butterbeer, pumpkin fizz, and several bags full of Honeydukes sweets" (Prisoner of Azkaban 264).

It seems to me that the easiest way to make pumpkin fizz would be to simply add something fizzy to the recipe for Pumpkin Juice we tried earlier this year. However, I was not really a fan of that recipe... so I'm thinking we should try something different. I quite like the pumpkin fizz served at the Three Broomsticks in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but it's been so long since I've had some, that I couldn't even guess how they make it. Lucky for us, I found a recipe at Kitchen Konfidence for a pumpkin and apple cider fizz cocktail that looks promising!

You Will Need:
1.5oz pumpkin puree (fresh or homemade)
1.5oz vanilla vodka (easily eliminated if you're a teetotaler... or underage)
2 oz apple cider
1.5oz ginger beer (which, in case you didn't know, is the much stronger British version of ginger ale. If you're in the US, hit up a health food store for ginger beer-- most sell it by the can-- or use Vernors ginger ale, which is way stronger than canada dry!)


1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add the vodka, pumpkin, and cider. Shake until well chilled.

2. Strain into a glass (filled with ice if you like) and top it off with ginger beer. Enjoy!


I'm not a huge fan of vanilla vodka, so I think next time I'll go with the kiddie version. Better than the pumpkin juice we made here before, but I think I still like the Three Broomsticks Pumpkin Fizz better. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment