Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Acid Pops



Rejoice, my friends, for we have finally reached the last sweet mentioned during Harry's first visit to Honeydukes:

"And the Acid Pops? Fred gave me one of those when I was seven-- it burnt a hole right through my tongue" (Prisoner of Azkaban 200).




Like a few other food items we've been through on this journey, a major ingredient in Dinah Bucholz' recipe for Acid Pops is citric acid. I do not own citric acid, and don't particularly want to buy several pounds of it either. If you'd like to try some acid pops of your own (assuming you can't just pop over to Honeydukes), pick up a copy of The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and whip up a batch!

2 comments:

  1. I love acid pops. I also totally forgot about The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook. They have so many great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do they really burn a hole in ur tongue?

    ReplyDelete