Monday, November 14, 2011

Apples

Our next food isn't mentioned with regard to eating, but it appears nonetheless:

"They couldn't use real Quidditch balls, which would have been hard to explain if they had escaped and flown away over the village; instead they threw apples for one another to catch" (Chamber of Secrets 46).


In case you decide you'd like to eat your apples instead of throw them at people on broomsticks, I found a lovely recipe for Baked Breakfast Apples on recipe.com

You Will Need:
2 medium apples, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 Tbs snipped, pitted, whole dates (I had leftover dried date cubes, so I used those)
1/4 tsp cinnamon (I used 1/2 tsp, but I really like cinnamon)
1/2 cup apple juice (I realized too late that I didn't have any... so I blended up an extra apple, which kind of worked)
1 Tbs raspberry (I used currant) spreadable fruit
1/4 cup low-fat granola

1. Combine your cubed apples and dates in a small casserole dish.
2. Sprinkle cinnamon on top (If you don't have apple juice, you'll want to mix it up).
3. Pour apple juice over the mixture.


4. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
5. Stir in the spreadable fruit and plop an extra dollop on top.


6. Sprinkle with granola and serve warm.


This is a pretty tasty apple dish! And would definitely be delicious for breakfast! So the next time you're looking for something different (but still simple!) to eat in the morning, give this a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment